The “Fox NFL Sunday” cast will not be in studio when the network’s pregame show kicks off ahead of the Week 11 slate over COVID-19 concerns, Fox Sports announced Saturday.
So, no Curt Menefee, Terry Bradshaw or Michael Strahan in studio. Instead viewers will tune in to Chris Myers, Charles Woodson and Reggie Bush. Some members of the regular cast “will appear via remote,” the network said.
“In accordance with CDC guidance, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health safety guidelines — and out of an abundance of caution for our team — Sunday’s FOX NFL KICKOFF and FOX NFL SUNDAY pregame shows from our Los Angeles studio will not include their regular casts,” Fox said in a statement.
It’s unclear what precipitated the move.
Fox made a similar move earlier this month with its college football pregame crew, including analyst and former coach Urban Meyer, who announced a week later that he had tested positive for COVID-19.
A COP has been filmed pushing over a piper who gets too close as they hold war veterans back in a stand-off at the Cenotaph today.
The confrontation happened after the Remembrance Sunday ceremony in Central London earlier this morning.
Video shows a wall of officers blocking entry to the Cenotaph in line with this year's strict rules due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Today's commemorations have been impacted by the spread of Covid-19 and UK lockdown – meaning crowds had to avoid the area and stay at home.
Cops formed a wall around the perimeter of the Cenotaph to ensure the new rules were followed.
In the footage, a bagpiper is seen and heard playing while marching past the officers as a man yells: "Let the veterans through."
The piper then tries to walk through the police line before being stopped by cops and pushed to the ground.
The crowd can be heard yelling at the officers, with one man shouting "what the f**k?".
Some in the crowd then confront the cops, screaming and pointing in dramatic scenes.
The piper stands back up and also aggressively gestures at the officers before having to be physically held back.
A Met Police spokesperson told The Sun Online: "Police are aware of a video circulating online which shows an officer using force after a man had tried to enter a restricted area in Whitehall SW1.
"The actions of the officer will be looked at in the wider context of this incident.
"The man had previously been asked to wait while the restricted area was opened up and he would be able to attend the Cenotaph.
"The road had been closed off as the Remembrance Sunday event this year was a closed ceremony due to Covid restrictions.
"The area has since been opened up and members of the public can now go on their way."
Cops were also seen standing off with veterans near the same area, on the outskirts of the Cenotaph.
This year's Remembrance Sunday has sparked controversy as tributes have taken place on a much-smaller scale than usual.
People were told they must keep moving during this morning's two-minute silence or they would have to fill out test and trace forms.
A war hero blasted the rule which applied at services and parades attended by dignitaries and veterans.
Falklands veteran Maj Gen Julian Thompson said: “It’s government control freakery. This can only be invented by some guy in an office who doesn’t have anything to do with the public.”
The Royal British Legion urged its members to support services that follow the guidelines, and only where social distancing measures can be adhered to.
“We are encouraging our branches and members to continue supporting local Remembrance services and parades that follow government guidelines and only where social distancing measures can be fully adhered to,” the charity said.
Under the rules on test and trace procedures, it states: “Event organisers must take reasonable steps to record the contact details of those attending including… members of the public who stop to spectate.”