KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV returns to action this month in defence of his UFC championship belt.
He will face-off against Justin Gaethje in the highly-anticipated Lightweight Championship clash at UFC 254.
When is UFC 254?
- UFC 254 will take place on Saturday, October 24.
- The clash will be held at Fight Island in Abu Dhabi.
- Fight Island has been the home to UFC fights since the coronavirus lockdown was put in place.
What time does UFC 254 start?
The early prelims will begin at 3.15pm BST.
This is 10.15am Eastern Time in the US and 6.15pm in Abu Dhabi.
Then the main card starts at 7pm BST and the main event is expected to get underway from around 10pm.
Speaking on the time choices UFC president Dana White said: "It will be time-friendly for the European audience. It will happen in the afternoon in the US."
What TV channel and live stream is UFC 254 on?
UFC 254 will be shown on BT Sport Box Office.
It can be live streamed on BT Sport’s website and app.
Earlier prelims will be shown on UFC’s Fight Pass for subscribers as normal.
US fans can watch the slug-fest on ESPN.
Who's on the UFC 254 fight card?
Fans will get to see a middleweight bout between former UFC middleweight champion Robert Whittaker and Jared Cannonier.
The fight was initially scheduled to take place in March at UFC 248, but Whittaker pulled out due to personal reasons.
Whoever wins this match will most likely face the champ Israel Adesanya next.
- Khabib Nurmagomedovvs Justin Gaethje
- Robert Whittaker vs Jared Cannonier
- Alexander Volkov vs Walt Harris
- Magomed Ankalaev vs Ion Cuțelaba
- Jacob Malkoun vs Phil Hawes
- Stefan Struve vs Tai Tuivasa
- Alex Oliveira vs Shavkat Rakhmonov
- Da Un Jung vs Sam Alvey
- Nathaniel Wood vs. Casey Kenney
- Liana Jojua vs. Miranda Maverick
- Joel Álvarez vs. Alexander Yakovlev
What have they said?
"I'm going to try wrestling with him. If he's going to defend my takedown one time, I'm going to try a second, third. I'm gonna try 100 times. And of course I'm going to box with him, I'm going to kick with him.
"He's going to be kickboxing and wrestling, a mix. I'm going to make him tired.
"This is my goal. And maybe in round number 3, round number 4, my plan is finish him."
"I'm gonna go out there and I'm gonna try and break his face, I promise you.
"I am prepared and you can bet your bottom dollar I will not go out like no b****."
Source: Read Full Article