Categories
Lifestyle

How to get £15 worth of McDonald's for £10

MCDONALD'S fans can bag £15 worth of food for £10 if they order their meal through the app.

The fast-food chain is knocking a fiver off the bill from today until November 1 when you spend at least £15 on one order.

For example, if you bought £20 worth of food it would only cost you £15, or a £40 order would set you back just £35.

To claim the deal, you'll need to place your order through the My McDonald's app.

The offer is available to new and existing app users and you'll find it under the "Deals" section. Tap on it to claim it.

You can then order your meal like normal, select the restaurant that you want to collect it from and then £5 will come off the bill when you come to pay.

Which items are still missing from the McDonald’s menu?

MCDONALD’S is running a reduced menu, with the following items currently unavailable:

  • Breakfast bagels
  • Breakfast wrap
  • Veggie Dippers
  • Veggie Deluxe
  • Spicy chicken snack wrap
  • Ice cream cones

If you don't already have the app, it's free to download on Android and Apple but you'll need to register an account, using details such as your email address.

You'll also need to agree to Maccies sending you marketing emails so make sure you read the small print before agreeing to the terms and conditions.

Unfortunately, you have to collect the food yourself if you want to get money off the bill as it's not available on orders placed through UberEats.

To find your nearest McDonald's branch use the store locator tool.

The fast food giant has been pushing its app as part of its drive for contactless orders to keep staff and customers safe during the pandemic.

Last month we reported how the chain has expanded its car park click and collect takeaway service to 24 restaurants.

But fans have been left frustrated at the chain for not bringing back its bagels and baps from the breakfast menu even though it added a new breakfast roll.

If you’ve ever been enjoying a McFlurry and wondered why the spoon is hollow but doesn't function as a straw, a McDonald’s worker has finally revealed their purpose. 

Similarly, a KFC worker has revealed how its gravy is made with bits of chicken "which come off the fryer" – and it's left some customers less than impressed.

Source: Read Full Article

Categories
World News

Fraudster is jailed for 15 months after swindling business associate

Fraudster, 38, who revealed his business partner’s 12-year extramarital affair to his wife after they fell out then pretended to be a private investigator to swindle her out of over £8,000 is jailed for 15 months

  • William Carter, 38, fell out with Richard Grey over a financial matter in early 2019
  • He wrote Mr Grey’s wife Paulene a letter telling her about her husband’s affair
  • He then claimed to be a private investigator and swindled £8,510 from her
  • Included £960 for Carter to put CCTV in her home which was not installed well
  • Carter was sentenced to 15 months in jail at Bournemouth Crown Court last week

A fraudster has been jailed for 15 months after he revealed his ex-business associate’s 12-year affair to his wife of 30 years before swindling her out of £8,510 while pretending to be an private investigator.

William Carter, 38, from from Verwood in Dorset, fell out with Richard Grey over a financial matter in early 2019 and used his knowledge of Mr Grey’s affair to target his wife Paulene.

Carter wrote her a letter on March 11, 2019, revealing the affair and left a contact number Ms Grey could call to get access to pictures that proved it. He also claimed Mr Grey was seeking divorce advice.  

Prosecuting, Laura Deuxberry said: ‘He told her he did some private investigation work.’

The court heard Ms Grey was shown photos of her husband’s car at the other woman’s address but she said to Carter that it did not prove the affair.

William Carter (pictured), 38, fell out with Richard Grey over a financial matter in early 2019 and used his knowledge of Mr Grey’s affair to target his wife Paulene

Carter then took things a step further by secretly recording the women telling him she had been having an affair with Mr Grey. He later played it to Ms Grey.

To further reel her in, he falsely claimed Mr Grey had his own private investigator, had bugged their home and placed a tracker on her car.

In total, Ms Grey handed over £8,510 to Carter, including £960 for him to put CCTV in her home which was not installed properly.

By the end of March 2019, Mr Grey had moved out of the couple’s home and Ms Grey had grown suspicious of Carter.

In the first few days of April 2019, she spoke to police about the situation. Carter was arrested on April 5 last year and charged with fraud.

He admitted a single count of fraud by false representation at Poole Magistrates Court on August 18, 2019.

A victim impact statement from Ms Grey said: ‘I felt unsafe in my own home and nearly had a breakdown.

‘I don’t know how I managed to keep it together.’

Mr Grey said he had been left on edge all the time by the episode.

Sentencing Carter to 15 months in jail at Bournemouth Crown Court, Judge Robert Pawson QC said Carter, who had an ‘appalling’ criminal record, used the revelation of Mr Grey’s affair to exploit his wife’s emotional distress and vulnerability

Mitigating, Chris Gaiger said Carter was suffering in prison, with the defendant already serving at least two years in custody for a conspiracy to commit fraud offence.

Sentencing Carter to 15 months in jail at Bournemouth Crown Court, Judge Robert Pawson QC said Carter, who had an ‘appalling’ criminal record, used the revelation of Mr Grey’s affair to exploit his wife’s emotional distress and vulnerability.

He said: ‘The impact on the Greys has been really serious. Her life (Ms Grey) was turned upside down. Both of them became paranoid. There were in fact two victims.

‘Your behaviour had a serious detrimental affect on your two victims, in particular Ms Grey.’

Carter was ordered to pay £3,274 compensation to Ms Grey. 

Source: Read Full Article

Categories
World News

Girl, 15, who was shot in lungs forced to go back to school despite Covid risk after parents threatened with fine

A TEENAGE girl who was shot in her lungs has been forced to return to school despite being a Covid risk because her parents were threatened with fines.

Thusha Kamaleswaran, 15, was shot in the chest when she was just five after being caught in the crossfire in a shooting at her uncle’s shop.

⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates


She was left paralysed after a bullet shattered her spine as it passed through her body and her injuries mean she is vulnerable to respiratory infections.

During the coronavirus pandemic the schoolgirl has been shielding and has been studying at home.

Thusha though was forced to return to classes at Seven Kings School in Ilford, Essex, after the school threatened to fine her parents – dad Sasi, 45, and mum Shamila, 43 – even though her doctor had warned against it.

What are the rules on fines for parents if kids miss school?

Families who ignore the government's rules on their kid's education will be hit with a penalty unless they have a "good reason".

It is against the law to withhold your child from school, except for a small number of exceptions.

Under current laws, a local council can give each parent a fine of £60, which rises to £120 each if the fine is not paid within 21 days.

If the fine still remains unpaid after 28 days you may be prosecuted for your child’s absence from school.

Children who are particularly vulnerable to coronavirus and those who have compromised immune systems are exempt from mandatory school attendance.

Schools minister Nick Gibb also reiterated that fines are something that "headteachers are very reluctant to use, they only use them as a last resort.”

Her GP, Dr PJ Suresh, wrote a letter to the school saying her lung function wasn’t optimal, adding: “Every effort should be made to allow Thusha to study and do her school work remotely.”

Thusha’s brother Thusan, 21, says the doctor even phoned the school but the family were still warned they could be fined or taken to court.

Thusan told the Sunday Mirror: “Thusha returned to school on Monday but feels unsafe and anxious. It seems really unfair after all she’s been through.”

Seven Kings’ head of pastoral care, Dean Taylor, claimed the letter from the GP “did not provide the necessary information”.

He added: “When a pupil is absent we are obliged to comply with school attendance regulations.

“We have done this while seeking to support and advise the family further.”

Heartbreaking CCTV footage captured tiny Thusha happily doing dance moves in the aisle of her uncle’s shop, Stockwell Food and Wine, in South London, just before the 2011 horror.

Moments later three gang ­members targeting a drug-dealing rival who had gone into the shop opened fire into the store, where her father Sasi was working.

The gang members who shot her were jailed for life the following year.


 

Source: Read Full Article

Categories
Lifestyle

FIFA 21 guesses next 15 players to follow Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi as Ballon d’Or winners

FIFA 21 has been used to guess the next 15 Ballon d'Or winners.

Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi have won 11 of the last 12 and a YouTuber has figured out who might win the next 15 using FIFA 21's career mode.



The 2020 award was cancelled for the first time in 64 years by France Football because of coronavirus.

Robert Lewandowski was hot favourite to bag the award after a world class, Champions League and Bundesliga winning season.

Messi is the current holder of the award having won a historic sixth in 2019.

TRANSFER NEWS LIVE: Breaking news, juicy gossip and the biggest deals

 

And YouTuber BCHDGaming has simulated the next 15 seasons on FIFA 21's career mode to see who might be the winners of the future.

2020 – CRISTIANO RONALDO

Nominees: Lewandowski, Mo Salah, Sadio Mane.

2021 – LIONEL MESSI

Nominees: Neymar, Mbappe, Raheem Sterling.

2022 – KYLIAN MBAPPE

Nominees: Messi, Jadon Sancho, Sterling.

2023 – KYLIAN MBAPPE

Nominees:Sterling, Vinicius Jr, Paulo Dybala.

2024 – RAHEEM STERLING

Nominees: Inaki Williams, Joao Felix, Mbappe.

2025 – JOAO FELIX

Nominees: Mbappe, Vinicius Jr, Matheus Cunha.


2026 – KYLIAN MBAPPE

Nominees: Francisco Trincao, Ansu Fati, Felix.

2027 – VINICIUS JR

Nominees: Luis Javier Suarez, Adam Hlozek, Mbappe.

2028 – VINICIUS JR

Nominees: Mbappe, Felix, Hlozek.

2029 – AMARA NGOM (Sadio Mane regen)

Nominees: Mbappe, Lautaro Martinez, Jonathan David.


2030 – BOA MORTE (Cristiano Ronaldo regen)

Nominees: Fati, Trincao, Mbappe.

2031 – JUAN GOMEZ (Lionel Messi regen)

Nominees: Mbappe, Vinicius Jr, Boa Morte.

2032 – ALEXANDER ISAK

Nominees: Erling Haaland, Sancho, Mbappe.

2033 – KYLIAN MBAPPE

Nominees: Vinicius Jr, Leonel Lodico (Sergio Aguero regen), Juan Gomez.


2034 – ANSU FATI

Nominees: Konrad Dabrowski (Lewandowski regen), Haaland, Sancho.

FIFA 21 is released today.

Source: Read Full Article

Categories
TV and Movies

Rebel Wilson has just '15 pounds to go' in weight loss makeover after already shedding 40

REBEL Wilson has just 15lbs to lose to meet her goal weight.

The 40-year-old Pitch Perfect star has already shed 40 lbs (18kg) during lockdown this year, and showcased her weight-loss journey on Instagram.

Rebel shared images earlier this week from a charity event in France, as she upped the glamor and fans commented on her slender physique.

The star – once known for her curvy figure – has been dedicated to her exercise regime and healthy nutrition as she dropped dress sizes.

She promised at the start of the year to start a new fitness journey and has been true to her word.

The Australian star is noticeably slimmer and has flaunted her narrower hips and toned legs in fitness gear and glamorous dresses.

Rebel made a New Year's resolution to ditch her unhealthy eating habits and kickstart a new fitness journey.

At the time, she wrote on Instagram: “Okay so for me 2020 is going to be called ‘The Year of Health’.

“So I put on the athleisure and went out for a walk, deliberately hydrating on the couch right now and trying to avoid the sugar and junk food, which is going to be hard after the holidays I’ve just had but I’m going to do it! Who’s with me in making some positive changes this year?”

She revealed her target weight of 165 pounds to her fans.










“Even if you have to crawl towards your goals, keep going x it will be worth it,” she captioned a photo of herself in a tracksuit and bra.

“Try and give a little bit of effort each day…I know some days are frustrating as hell, you feel like giving up, you get annoyed at the lack of progress…but good things are coming your way," she encouraged.

Rebel, real name Patricia, recently gave fans an insight into her fitness regime by sharing videos of her gym workouts and revealing that she does cardio seven days a week.

In one clip shared on Instagram, Rebel can be seen doing circuit training including weight exercises, squats and lunges – before finishing off with ab exercises.






She captioned the post: “Gotta keep up that stamina! Here’s a part of my gym workout today."

Her trainer Jono Castano previously explained to E! that he had created a specific program for Rebel covering six days of the week, with one day off to rest her body.

He told them he encourages his clients to workout daily for 45-minute sessions, noting “results come through consistency”.

His personalised program for the star included high-intensity interval training, mobility, weights, resistance, technique and tempo.

Source: Read Full Article